NEW BUZZ RICKSON M65 USA VIETNAM ARMY M-65 JACKET OLIVE DRAB GREEN
In STOCK NOW! Ready to ship
This is the ultimate version of the M-65. A true to every detail reproduction of the Original Vietnam Jacket. It has been updated with a slightly trimmer fit. A truly Fantastic piece.
Size S M L XL XXL
Chest width 21.5" 22.5" 23.5" 24.5" 25.5"
Shoulder width 18" 18.5" 19.5" 20.5" 21"
Arm length 24.5" 25.5" 26.5" 26.5" 27.5"
Back length 31" 31.5" 32.5" 32.5" 32.75"
The U. S. Army M-65 Field Jacket served the U. S. armed forces well for a considerable period of time, though it was the peace movement and those returning service personnel during the Vietnam War years of the 1960's – ‘70's that really galvanized this jacket in the public’s mind as an iconic garment, where it was very often festooned with slogans, artwork and peace patches. And as is usually the case, Hollywood furthered the legend in a multitude of film and TV productions that featured every form of character in some way, shape or form – both good guy and bad – outfitted in the M-65 Field Jacket, most notably Robert Di Niro in “Taxi Driver” and Sylvester Stallone in “First Blood.” Today, this style is still produced in various forms and colors by fashion designers and manufacturers of military-style clothing – a testament to the enduring style and functionality of this jacket.
Buzz Rickson’s researchers and designers have done their usual superb work in copying every minute detail of this all-American classic. Even the original, military-spec. labels can be found on the lining, as well as the wind-blocking drawstrings and the buttons for securing the winter liner sometimes issued with the original M-65s (the removable liners are available separately on this website). The M-65 is a smart-looking jacket that is a delight to wear, providing a superb balance of weight to warmth (functions from 65 degrees Fahrenheit – 50 degrees Fahrenheit with no layering, and additional layering will allow use in even colder climates), and will glide on your body with no effort at all. All of the other features of an issue M-65 Field Jacket can be found on this Buzz Rickson’s masterpiece, including the capacious pockets, extendable cuffs with Velcro closures, water-repellent all-cotton outer shell and hidden hood that stows easily away behind the collar in a zippered compartment. And as with all Buzz Rickson’s creations, they are built to function and take on plenty of hard use, just like the original garments they copy and unlike most other copies on the market that are merely costumes or fashion statements with no real function or utility of endurance incorporated in the design. This Buzz Rickson’s M-65 looks as great today as it did in the 1960s and ‘70s, and it will soldier on for years to come. Scorn the cookie-cutter look of “mall” jackets and grab a piece of 20th century American history that combines style with durability and utility. Buzz Rickson’s M-65 Field Jacket offers all of the following original features and more:
• Exact copy of the original military labels found in the lining
• Custom manufacturing of the correct weight and weave water-repellent cotton-and-nylon outer shell in OG 107 to precisely match 1965 U. S. military specs.
• Custom manufacturing of the correct weight and weave all-cotton lining to precisely match 1965 U. S. military specs.
• Exact copy of the heavy-duty 1960's Crown zipper for the frontal closure with cotton pull tab and the #5 size for the hood compartment, both of which have zip tape made of all-cotton HBT fabric, not incorrect poly-cotton
• All-cotton drawstring at waist in lining and on bottom hem of jacket to seal out wind
• Bi-swing double-pleated action back for greater range of motion without binding
• Snap-closure wind flap in front of zipper to seal out wind
• Adjustable Velcro closures on throat latch and gusted, two-position, extendable sleeve cuff
• Button-down shoulder epaulets as found on genuine M-65's
• Two pleated, generously expandable chest pockets with snap-down flaps
• Two large “grenade” pockets with snap-down flaps located on hip/thigh region
• Flip-up stand collar with zippered rear compartment that houses stowaway hood with drawstring